Last month, we went all-in when it came to demystifying social media for small businesses. Successful small businesses adopt social media because it amplifies sales, marketing and collaboration efforts so they can generate leads, increase sales and save time. Here is a recap of all the content on Social Media Month that we published.
Throughout February, we focused our efforts on helping you and your small business succeed with social media. I’d like to specifically acknowledge the people who helped make it a success: Social Media Specialist, Heather Dopson; Content Manager, Madison Jacobs; Brand Journalist (and blog ninja), Andrea Parker; and Brand Journalist (video extraordinaire), June Brockmeyer. Through close collaboration, we brought our talents together to deliver helpful information and advice on social media. And that’s what’s it all about — helping you succeed.
What did we cover during Social Media Month?
- Google Plus is the Best Social Network You’re Not Using – I shared suggestions from my experience in why Google Plus is very much a commendable social network and it makes sense that small businesses should use it.
- Social Media Management Tools for Small Business — Social Media Specialist, Heather Dopson, shared helpful tools to help the resource-strapped small business owner get more of their time back and to increase their effectiveness throughout social media.
- Win the War Between Facebook and Google — Dennis Yu, CEO of BlitzMetrics, made the case for where you should invest you time and budget between Facebook and Google. He also authored a second post about generating sales leads from social media.
- Ten Reasons Social Media is Like Weight Loss — Kevin Mullet, Professional Speaker at Cirrus ABS, explained why social media is like weight loss and how you have to focus on it if you expect great results.
- Three Things Small Businesses Should Know About Facebook — Justin Lafferty, Editor of AllFacebook.com, suggests best practices for entrepreneurs looking to launch their online presence on Facebook.
- 3 Steps to Leverage Linkedin for Building Relationships and Generating Leads — Our Product Marketing Manager, Lindsay Bayuk, advised on how to build real relationships and generate leads on the largest professional social network, LinkedIn.
- Tips to Use Social Media Within Infusionsoft — I uncovered several ways to integrate social media throughout your small business by taking advantage of features within Infusionsoft.
We had a great time dispensing advice on social media last month! We’ll keep you informed about best practices in using social media because it was a popular topic among entrepreneurs like you. To get more updates about sales and marketing tips like the ones mentioned above, subscribe to our blog at the top and visit the Big Ideas Blog.
If you would like to suggest a future topic on social media, let us know in the comments below!
Photo Credit: SalFalko